History of HTCC
Institute of Health and Technology formerly known as Healing Touch Career College owned by Mr. Ibrahima Sidibe, was founded in November 2000 as a career training proprietary school. The institution opened its doors offering massage therapy to the first class of 12 students. Since then, we have increased and improved our massage therapy curriculum from a 640 to a 788 clock hour program with additional courses in highly sought after bodywork modalities as well as more hours of A&P and hands-on practical training. In 2011, a medical assistant program was added to the curriculum, broadening our career training opportunities to reach a larger sector of individuals. In December 2012 approval for the Jackson campus was gained; this new campus opened in January 2013. In the fall of 2016 we added a new program of study; the Phlebotomy Technician program, which has been discontinued as of November 30, 2017. In July 2017, the Pharmacy Technician Program was approved. We now specialize in massage therapy, medical assistant and pharmacy technician career education.
The faculty and staff of Healing Touch Career College promise to:
- Provide educational programs of high ethical and professional standards.
- Provide an educational environment that encourages learning.
- Provide student and career services that contribute to student success and future employment.
- Provide experienced, qualified faculty who enhance student achievement.
- Exercise honesty, integrity and high ethical standards in college operations.